Philippines News: FREE

Get an edge on the Philippine Stock Market in this comprehensive tool for Filipinos and foreign investors.
Get it on Google Play

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Megawide, San Miguel prequalify for Regional Prison PPP project

San Miguel and Megawide will compete for the contract to build a huge prison outside the Philippine capital under the Aquino administration’s public-private partnership (PPP) scheme.

In a statement, the PPP Center said San Miguel Holdings Corporation (SMHC) and Mega Structure Consortium had passed muster with the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor).

A third potential bidder, DMCI Holdings Inc, failed to hurdle the prequalification stage.

The P50.2-billion Regional Prison Facilities Project involves the design, financing and construction of the modern prison facilities that will rise at Fort Magsaysay in Nueva Ecija. The winning bidder also will maintain the facility for 23 years, including the three-year construction period.

The new facility should accommodate 26,880 inmates, and apart from the detention area, should include staff housing, administrative buildings, areas for sports, work and religious activity.

The winning bidder will also install high-security equipment.

- Interaksyon

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Filinvest Land wins bid for 19-hectare Cebu property

Property developer Filinvest Land, Inc. (FLI) and its subsidiaries and affiliates won the bid for the 19.24-hectare lot located at South Road Properties (SRP) owned by Cebu City government.

In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange, FLI said they aim to develop Lot No. 1 (consolidated portions of lots 7 and 17) into commercial and/or office and residential projects, in accordance with the required minimum development plans of the city government.

Under the bidding guidelines, 70 percent of the buildable area is intended for commercial and/or office use, and the remaining 30 percent for residential use.

“The new development will complement the ongoing City di Mare project of FLI in SRP,” it said.

The property will be developed and owned by FLI, the residential property arm of the Filinvest Group, together with its office development subsidiary, Cyberzone Properties, Inc., its Central Business District affiliate, Filinvest Alabang, Inc. (FAI) and other possible strategic partners.

Earlier, a consortium formed by property giants SM Prime Holdings Inc. and Ayala Land Inc. and its affiliate Cebu Holdings, Inc, also won the bid for the development of a 26-hectare portion of SRP for P10 billion.

- Interaksyon